Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Ants vs the Gecko

The gecko is one strange character. It moves like a bad stop motion film or sticks to the wall silent ready to do more silence. What does a gecko do all day but be silent on the wall?

When my girlfriend Krista was here, she bought a box of plain Marie brand cookies. Krista ate maybe one quarter of the box and left it slightly opened in my room before we went off of for a tour of Viet Nam.

Five days later, back from the tour, Krista remembers the tasty cookies and asks me for them. I handed her the box. She opened the box. She dropped the box. She screamed.

Like a superhero, I grabbed the box and opened it once more. Inside sat the entire intact bone remnants of a Gecko next to a devouring selection of cookies.

My guess is that the feisty ants wanted more than sweets and ate the living lights out Mr. Gecko. What’s the moral of the story? Don’t be reincarnated as a Gecko.

1 comment:

B said...

where's the picture??